Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Reading Challenges


Last year I read more than in 2011 but I didn't read as much as I'd like. And I was not nearly as organized about keeping track as I would have liked. This year I have a few goals and I'm going to do a few challenges.

First, my plan is to Read 73 books. That's only 1 every five days. There are a lot of books for me to read in the challenges but many of them overlap too.

6/73 books


We use our library quite a bit for books so it only makes sense for me to join the Library Books Challenge 2013. I'm starting for Level 1 "Board Book" (1-3 books).

2/3 books


Next I'm going to try for the 2013 A-Z Reading Challenge and try and read one book (at least) with a title starting with each level of the alphabet.

3/26 Letters


I'm always wanting to read more classic literature so this year I'm joining the 2013 Classics Catch-Up Challenge. I'm going to aim for the first level of 4 books "Freshman".

0/4 books


As a feminist woman I particularly enjoy books written by women. The 2013 Women Challenge is perfect for this. Aiming low to start with the first level "Baby Girl" (1-5 books by a woman author).

2/5 books


As an incentive to challenge myself outside of the usual categories I read it (which admittedly are fairly varied at this point already) I'm joining the Eclectic Reader Challenge 2013. There are eight categories of books to read.

1/12 books


The last adult reading challenge I've joined is the Literature and War Read Along 2013. 12 books from 12 different countries, written in 8 different languages and covering 6 different wars.

1/12 books


Now for the kids. Two challenges for all of the reading we do with them.

First we are joining the 2013 Pre-1960 Classic Children's Book Challenge. Going to aim to read at least 12 of these.

0/12 books


Also with Tobias blooming into wanting to be read chapter books on a regular basis I'm going to aim to read at least 6 novels with him that he chooses.

0/6 books


Let the reading begin!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Alison,
    Thanks for joining the Literature and War Readalong and for spreading the word. I'm looking forward to the discussions.

    ReplyDelete