Thursday, December 29, 2016

10th Annual Graphic Novels & Manga Challenge



I am new to the world of graphic novels and manga. I admit I have been reluctant to try this medium, and I am taking part in this challenge to force myself to try it and that way I will be able to tell whether I really don't like this format of book, or whether it is just me getting in my own way (which is totally possible, I'll admit!) My oldest son (age 10) looooves all things text bubbles and pictures so I have decided that I will complete half of my required books for this challenge reading along with stories he chooses, and the other half of it reading graphic novels intended for adults.

For all those wanting to join the challenge along with me you can sign up over here.

There are levels:
  • Modern Age: read and review 12 books during the year (that's only 1 book a month)
  • Bronze Age: read and review 24 books during the year (Can you handle 2 books a month.)
  • Silver Age: read and review 52 books during the year (Are you up to a book a week!)
  • Golden Age: read and review 104 books during the year (Are you addicted? 2 books a week!)
I will be aiming for the Modern Age, so 6 books with Tobias and 6 books for grownups like me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment