Thursday, January 12, 2017

Serious About Series Reading Challenge



I loooove books that are in a series. I read very quickly. Sometimes it is so quickly that when I get to the end of a book I feel sad that I have had so short a time with the characters and the story's setting. That's why series are so great, I get to stay immersed in the world for a longer period of time. I love books series so much that I decided that I wanted to give myself a challenge in reading them, and I thought maybe others would like to join me.

The guidelines/rules for this challenge are as follows:
  • The challenge lasts 50 weeks, from January 12, 2017 - December 29, 2017, and you can join any time during the year
  • Read books that are within any series 
    • A series for this challenge is any run of books with 2 or more that follow each other in a storyline.
    • Books that are first books in a series with more books planned count
  • Rereads count
  • All formats of books (ebooks, audiobooks, paper books, ARCs) count

There are also levels:
  • Seriously Enamored: 10 books read (that's 1 book every 5 weeks)
  • Seriously Committed: 25 books read (that's 1 book every 2 weeks)
  • Seriously Addicted: 50 books read (that's 1 book a week)

Sign up with your name and the level you have chosen in the comments below and I'll add you to the list of participants. I'll post an update post every other month at the end of the month where everyone can share their progress. Everyone who posts an update will have their name entered in a draw for a $5.00 Amazon gift card. Anyone who participates in at least 3 of the updates will have their name entered for the grand prize of a $15.00 Amazon gift card at the end of the challenge . The first update thread will be posted on February 21, 2017.

If you have any questions please email me at uncertainsomewhere @ gmail.com

Feel free to grab the button below for your own blog if you are taking part.



Happy Reading everyone. Enjoy those series!

4 comments:

  1. I'm in for Seriously Committed! Thanks for hosting!

    http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.com/p/2017-challenges.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I choose the level Seriously Committed.

    http://www.wholelattebooks.com/p/blog-page_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've moved my blog from Whole Latte Books and are now at http://www.juliecornewell.com/p/2017-serious-about-series-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great I joined
    http://www.paperbackstash.com/p/2017-challenges.html

    ReplyDelete