As soon as I saw this challenge I knew I'd sign up. There are so many Newbery and Caldecott books that I love, and many many more that I've never gotten the chance to explore yet. With a 10 year old, an almost 8 year old and a 6 year old in the house I am planning on choosing books from the list that I can enjoy with them. Anyone that reads this and wants to join us can do so by signing up here.
Here are the rules:
Each book you read is worth points. You get:
In addition to that, you pick a level to aim for:
We are going to aim for L'Engle to start, but I aim hoping once we get on a roll we may go higher. Our planned list of reads so far is:
- From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E. L. Konigsburg
- Ginger Pye by Eleanor Estes
- Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George
- Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
That will get us to 15 points, and from there... we shall see!