Saturday, September 28, 2013

2013 Books in Review #15: The Maze Runner


This book (and its sequels) came highly recommended to me by several people I know. I decided to give in and see what all the hype was about.
The Maze Runner is about a dystopian society of adolescent boys. They have all been sent, one at a time, to an "other" place and when they arrive they have no memories at all of where they were before or even who they are other than their name. Within the new society they work at various jobs according to their strengths and eat and sleep. The whole place they live in is surrounded by a maze and their purpose is to figure out the maze (which resets itself every night after dark) so they can escape.
I actually quite enjoyed the story and found it hard to put down. I thought the visual imagery was very good and I loved how the characters were formed and their interactions with each other. I am quite looking forward to reading the rest of the books in the series once I make it through my list of books I have on the go for the rest of 2013.
The Maze Runner was my 26th book for the year, my 20th library book, and the letter M for my A-Z challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment